Top 9 tourist places to visit in and around Alleppey this summer
"Here nature has spent up on the land her richest bounties. Alleppey, the Venice of the East." - quoted Lord Curzon, upon visiting Alleppey.
Kerala is popularly referred to as “God’s own country”. Tourists who have been to this heavenly dwelling, especially on a typical summer holiday trip to Kerala, can verify this. And a visit to the Hill stations of Kerala is a must; they behold nature’s utmost beauty and would be a delight to visit. It’s no wonder that they seem to be in a perpetual state of awe and wonder, provided the serene backwaters, the beautiful, lush greenery, the enchanting culture and most of all, the ambience of the atmosphere that seeps slowly into your senses. Then, it spreads to your soul, and you feel tranquility enveloping your consciousness. This kind of natural beauty is, has been, and will always remain, unparalleled to any other place on Earth.
This beautiful state has many destinations to visit, many places to be and many cities to explore. One such city is Alleppey, which is in Alappuzha district a one of the major tourist hot spot for travelers from across the globe. It is the oldest planned city in this district, and no wonder, one will get a glimpse of the fascinating and aural beauty the state of Kerala offers.
The backwaters, beaches, lagoons and canals all provide the picturesque feel, which brings Alleppey the international repute it has gained as sought after Summer Tourist Destinations in India. Not just scenic beauty, Alleppey is a treasure-trove of culture and history.
- As already mentioned, it is very rightly termed as “Venice of the East”. Having beautiful backwaters and canals interweaving the landscape with its finesse and beauty, it can be said that this is a truly breath-taking place and must be visited. Especially an Alleppey Backwaters Cruise on the lake Vembanad in a summer vacation is much needed, when one needs to get away from the sultry and hot atmosphere and simply relax.
- A summer trip to Alleppey Beach, where the wind blows away your worries and the cool sand lets you sink deep into your happy and cheerful thoughts is just what is required. A visit to The Sea-view Park and Vijay Park are ideal places to spend some quality family time or just chill out. The Alleppey Lighthouse is a 19th century foundation, which is one of the most famous attractions here. The canals, the houseboats and the entire ambience of this place substantiate this.
- Spreading over 14 hectares, it houses the famous Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary, which is the favorite haunt of migratory birds and must visit tourism hub for its visitors.
- If this doesn’t satiate you, there’s the beautiful Pathirmanal Island lying between Thaneermukkom and Kumarakom and is accessible by boat only. Famous for Bird Watching, beautiful palm-groves adorn its bosom as it cradles in this lake. The calmness of the water, with its gentle ripples soothes you to the soul and lets you get into that state of tranquility which you’d been aching for.
- Marari beach offers you the perfect get away from your hectic life. The consciousness can be one with Nature, without any distraction whatsoever, provided the exquisite ambience and relaxing atmosphere the place has. Enjoy your Marari Beach holidays, throwing away your worries, as you relax in a hammock, while your sun-kissed skin feels rejuvenated and your ears hum the melodious tone of the beach, unraveling secrets unknown.
- Speaking of mysticism, who knows what our ancestors, in their primeval period, would have been doing? A trip to the Edakkal Caves might throw some light on this. Home to petro glyphs dating back to 6000 BC, tourists flock these caves. The Stone Age carvings of Edakkal are rare and are the only known examples from south India.
- Moving on to the major tourist attraction in Kerala is the Kuttanad Backwaters Tourism. More than anything, these backwaters are what provide Kerala the unique identity it has set for itself through the years. Picturesque vast paddy fields and the canals and lakes weaving through the fertile landscape makes it be a must visit destination.
- Visiting Kerala provides a fascinating opportunity for a tourist to indulge in what is now popularly known as "Queen of Arabian Sea", better known as Kochin, has been at the helm of the world spice trade for centuries now. Having been one of the most important and beautiful natural harbors globally, it has gone through a lot of cross-cultural settlements, whose impact can still be seen today. Kochi Beach Vacation is a tourist’s delight, and is a place that is meant to be visited again, because one can never get tired of it. Along with its ever so pleasing weather and people, it has many places to visit such as Bolgatty Palace, Jewish Synagogue, among many. Most importantly, its beach is an absolute wonder.
- Another Kumarakom namesake, the Kumarakom Houseboat Stay, is something the wear, sick-of-the-world man would cherish. The soothing crash of the boat against the lucid waters of Vembanad Lake take hold of your stress and anxiety and lull you into a relaxing sleep, which is something you deserve.
If one needs hotel accommodation that offers great view, good food and also should be in the vicinity of all these tourist places, then The World Backwaters situated in Alleppey would be the perfect choice. Offering sweeping views of Lake Vembanad, this lake resort is situated 25 km's from Alleppey Railway Station and 45 km's from Cochin town. The resort is equipped with the luxurious amenities, exquisite rooms and suites, thus being a perfect escape for every weary traveler. The picturesque locale, the sprawling green plantations will boost up your mood and appeal to your senses. Apart from luxurious amenities this resort also provides you with a varied choice of indoor and outdoor activities that help in making your vacation complete. Giving glimpses of soothing lake views, one can enjoy both traditional and various continental dishes at the Spoons & Fork Restaurant of the resort.
So this summer bundle up your luggage and travel to this beautiful destinations in the God’s Own Country, get submerged in its natural beauty while you stay luxuriously at The World Backwaters.
Share This Blog
Summer Tourist Destinations in Kerala, Alleppey Backwaters Cruise, Alleppey Beach Vacation, Visit to Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary, Travel to Pathirmanal Island, Marari Beach holidays, Edakkal Caves Trip, Kuttanad Backwaters Tourism, Kochi Beach Vacation, Kumarakom Houseboat Stay
Posted by The World Hotel & Resorts Date: 22 may 2015, at 16:36